The City of St. Louis Park and Tree Trust are once again partnering to provide trees to St. Louis Park residents at a discounted rate!
Here are the details:
- This program is only open to property owners of St. Louis Park.
- Trees are $35 each. You may purchase up to 3 trees per St. Louis Park address.
- The trees are in #10 size containers and will be available for pick up this spring from the Municipal Services Center, 7305 Oxford Street, St. Louis Park on (NEW DATES):
- September 12, 2020 from 8:00 am until 12:00 pm &
- September 14, 2020 from 5:00 pm until 7:00 pm.
- You must pick up your tree(s) during that time.
- If you cannot pick up your tree during that time, you can have someone pick up the tree for you. All abandoned trees will be planted within public spaces in St. Louis Park-no refunds will be provided.
- Trees will range in size from 4 to 6’ tall and will fit inside most vehicles (SMART cars excluded).
- These trees do not come with a warranty.
Things to consider:
- Not all trees are suitable for planting under power lines. Plan for the mature height of the tree(s) you purchase.
- To prevent future sightline and utility conflicts, plant deciduous (broadleaf) trees at least 15 feet behind the curb. Evergreens should be more than 20 feet back.
- These trees do not have a warranty.
- It’s the law to call Gopher State One Call (651-454-0002) at least three days before digging. They will mark buried utility lines for your safety.
- If you would like to provide your tree with the most efficient watering system around, purchase a drip irrigation bag. Simply fill the bag with water and your tree will be deeply watered over 5-8 hours.
- For more information, contact Tree Trust’s Community Forestry Department at (952) 767-3886 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Let's Grow Some Shade!
Photo courtesy of tree sale participant, Emily Henning